HP3000-L Archives

November 2007, Week 1

From:
Roy Brown <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Roy Brown <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 4 Nov 2007 10:22:07 +0000
In message <[log in to unmask]>, Brian
Donaldson <[log in to unmask]> writes
>Apparently, the copy problem only happens in the program with spoolfiles.
>The copy command works fine on other file types.
>
>I also tried fcopy with the same error:
>
>FCOPY FROM=O23.OUT.HPSPOOL;TO=HOLDFILE;NEW
>
>HP31900A.05.04 FILE COPIER (C) HEWLETT-PACKARD CO. 1999
>*105*
>CAN'T OPEN FROMFILE
>DISPLAY FILE INFORMATION (Y OR N) ?
>
>ABORT
>Program aborted per user request. (CIERR 989)
>
>I also discovered that the rename command doesn't work on spoolfiles either --
>

>:RENAME O66.OUT.HPSPOOL,HOLDFILE
>RENAME FOR THE GIVEN FILE TYPE IS NOT SUPPORTED (FSERR 392)
>RENAME failed due to file system error.  Not renamed. (CIERR 373)
>

>Brian.

You wouldn't by any chance be writing this spoolfile in the same program
you are trying to copy it with, would you?

>On Sat, 3 Nov 2007 15:37:00 -0400, Brian Donaldson <[log in to unmask]>
>wrote:
>
>>Sorry, my email typo --
>>
>>the code in the program says --
>>
>>COPY O66.out.hpspool,holdfile;YES

When seeking help with errors in code, I cannot recommend the use of cut
and paste highly enough.

It saves everybody, including you, from going off on wild goose chases
:-)

ATB

Roy

--
Roy Brown        'Have nothing in your houses that you do not know to be
Kelmscott Ltd     useful, or believe to be beautiful'  William Morris