HP3000-L Archives

October 2007, Week 5

From:
Joshua Johnson <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Joshua Johnson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 31 Oct 2007 19:47:06 -0400
If I remember correctly the NMCMDUDC checks if NBDISABLE=FATAL is set and passes the command to the MPE purge if it is. Also be careful about unsetting your system catalog!! This will make you vulnerable during this execution and it means the system level logon UDC will not be set. Any users that logon will likely not get the proper environment depending on how your system is setup. Plus if the job stream crashes before it resets the catalog you will be left without it until you re-set it manually. There are so many reasons why setting the catalog is not a good solution to this problem.

I have used the Netbase/MPE command interface and the MPEX/Netbase command interface and both work very well when setup correctly. They do allow you to purge files on the master or shadow and the file command is applied to both systems. I think you need NFA in order to execute the commands on the shadow.

We need more information about the error you are getting in order to understand what this problem is. I believe the MPEX command YESPURGE bypasses the Netbase interface so using this will likely solve the problem without looking further into the Netbase interface issue.

Joshua Johnson
Consultant