HP3000-L Archives

October 2007, Week 5

From:
Michael Anderson <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Michael Anderson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 31 Oct 2007 12:40:45 -0500
That is where I got my barcode fonts from. They have a utility that loads the fonts into the printer. It didn't work.

Maybe the Jetdirect, I don't know. No error, and no font either.

When I get back to my office I going to try Kevin's method.

--
Michael Anderson
Programmer/Analyst -- Technology Dept.

>>> Mark Wonsil <[log in to unmask]> 10/30/2007 8:35 am >>>
> I've done a similar thing in the past.
> Based on the font in BAR39W14.CHARSETS.SYS, I have a softfont
> file that I use just like PCLELITE.HPENV.SYS.
> Its just binary PCL in the file, defining font 39, and sets it
> to be the secondary font.

Speaking of downloadable soft-fonts, I have tested (but the user didn't use) a
package that lets you download the barcode fonts from a PC and then just use
them from MPE as an internal font.

http://www.makebarcode.com/software/printerfonts.html

Mark W.