HP3000-L Archives

October 2007, Week 4

From:
Dave Gale <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Dave Gale <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 26 Oct 2007 10:03:16 -0400
Walter, All,

I've been part of more than one Cognos upgrade. For the most part,
things are forward compatible. However, I have had a few corner cases
where it required changing the code. Honestly it was so long ago that I
can't remember exactly what, only that it took a couple of hours
research to find what was going on and to find a fix.

Of course, if you don't hit on a particular problem, then the migration
will be as smooth as silk. Though, since the outcome looks exactly the
same, you will feel like you've spent months running in place (with out
the benefit to your cardio system). And of course no one will understand
what you are doing. ;-)

Have fun,

Dave