HP3000-L Archives

October 2007, Week 3

From:
Brian Donaldson <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Brian Donaldson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 18 Oct 2007 14:30:28 -0400
I have a COBOL program that uses the intrinsic FOPEN to open a file.

Using the standard MPEiX syntax I do a call to FLABELINFO prior to the FOPEN
to get the lockword (if one exists).

Then I setup the file name as : filename/lockword.group.acct and pass it to
FOPEN. This works perfectly.

Now I am looking at trying this with HFS syntax.

So I try : /ACCT/GROUP/FILENAME/LOCKWORD

However, the FOPEN fails telling me that the component part (/LOCKWORD)
is not a directory.

So I take away the /LOCKWORD part and pass /ACCT/GROUP/FILENAME
to the FOPEN...

The FOPEN fails with a lockword violation......

Ho hum....

Does this mean we cannot FOPEN a lockworded file using HFS syntax?

Can HFS files even be lockworded?

Looks like they can't.....

I've never tried this FOPEN on HFS syntax before so it is definitely shark
infested waters for me.

Hope someone can help me.

TIA,
Brian.