HP3000-L Archives

October 2007, Week 3

From:
"James B. Byrne" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
James B. Byrne
Date:
Tue, 16 Oct 2007 11:05:32 -0400
On:    Mon, 15 Oct 2007 14:56:46 -0400, "Senn, Bruce" <[log in to unmask]>

> So, why do we think she is doing this?

> With her golden parachute, the woman who killed HP doesn't need anything.

Politics.  The woman has ambitions and getting her face in front of
millions of potential voters enhances her "brand" image and thereby
increases her likelihood of success in any future election should she
decide to run for public office.

Elections are popularity contests and simple recognition is the key to
mass popularity, regardless of individual merit (however that is measured.