UTCSTAFF Archives

August 2007

UTCSTAFF@RAVEN.UTC.EDU

From:
Richard Rice <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Richard Rice <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 16 Aug 2007 15:24:24 -0400
Satisfaction survey proves Stones prescient observers of higher education?

I can't get no satisfaction,
I can't get no satisfaction.
'Cause I try and I try and I try and I try.
I can't get no, I can't get no.

                               ---Rolling Stones

You may have noticed a national report based on a study of seventy-seven
institutions that appeared about the time appropriate questions were being
raised about the morale and retention of junior faculty at UTC. It seems
there is indeed a satisfaction gap reflecting both gender and race in higher
education, but not just here. Analysis and comparison might be facilitated
by administering a local survey with the same questions before addressing
this issue.

For those interested who have not seen the national survey, it can be found
at:

 http://www.insidehighered.com/news/2007/08/02/coache

Richard

(back from sabbatical and eager to teach students all that new stuff I have
learned!)

* UTCSTAFF home page:  http://raven.utc.edu/archives/utcstaff.html *
* unsubscribe:  mailto:[log in to unmask]  *
*   subscribe:  mailto:[log in to unmask]    *