UTCSTAFF Archives

August 2007

UTCSTAFF@RAVEN.UTC.EDU

From:
Jean Howard-Hill <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Jean Howard-Hill <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 24 Aug 2007 10:09:10 -0400
Amber:

Thank you so much for sharing these clarifications. Thank you also for giving of yourself. That is the greatest gift of humanity - to give to others at those times when they are down.

I too have spent years involved with what people call the homeless, and I am presently and always shall be involved.  But for the Grace of God, we all could be homeless, because you never know the twists and turns in life which causes you one day to be on top, and the next day on the bottom.

It is a fact that homeless people are stereotyped. But if the truth be told, as you have so ably done, there are more people in this situation of whom you would never know, than there are those who fit the myth.

I would be willing to assist in perhaps starting something here at UTC where those who wished to do so could offer voluntary, monetary, and in-kind assistance.  Think about this, and see what we might come up with.

Thanks again Amber!

Jean