SCRAPPY Archives

August 2007

SCRAPPY@RAVEN.UTC.EDU

From:
Theresa Liedtka <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Theresa Liedtka <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 29 Aug 2007 12:34:55 -0400
Hi -

I write to let you know about two new circulation policies, effective
Fall 2007, in the Lupton Library.  In an effort to increase use of the
circulating book collection and other materials, the Library is...

1) eliminating overdue fines on most library materials and
2) extending the length of time students, faculty, and staff may borrow
materials.

Many libraries across the country have taken this patron friendly
approach to the circulation of materials.
We hope to emulate their successes and see an increase in the use of our
rich and diverse collections.

Please know, the Library will continue to charge fines for high demand
course reserve materials, laptop computers, and group study rooms, as
well as charge faculty and students for unreturned or damaged items.

Please follow this link to view the full policy
http://www.lib.utc.edu/borrowing-materials-from-lupton-library.html

So come on by, borrow some materials and let us help you get your
research started!
I hope your Fall semester is off to a great start.
Best,
Theresa

Theresa Liedtka
Dean, Lupton Library
University of Tennessee, Chattanooga
615 McCallie Ave, Chattanooga, TN 37403
423-425-4506 (p), 423-425-4775 (f)

This correspondence should be considered a public record and subject to
public inspection pursuant to the Tennessee Public Records Act