HP3000-L Archives

July 2007, Week 5

From:
Craig Lalley <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Craig Lalley <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 31 Jul 2007 09:24:39 -0700
James,

  Right after the BIOS post, hit the F8 key, this should give you the option to go to safe mode.

  At that point it will ask if you want to go back to a restore point.  IIRC

  -Craig

"James B. Byrne" <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
  I a rebuilding a friends Dell D800 Latitude (Windows XP-Pro SP2) that was
so badly compromised with malware that it was impossible to use. However,
the recovery disk set that Dell sent him was for a D600 and the driver
suite provided does not work with this machine. I have worked around this
(mostly) but the drivers for the smartcard bus that I most recently
installed cause the machine to become non-responsive a few minutes after
starting. This happens too fast for me to get the the restore point dialog
so I am lookgn to see if there is a technique to rollback to a restore
point through the command line recover console.

Does anyone here know if this is possible and if so, how to do it?

Regards,

--
*** E-Mail is NOT a SECURE channel ***
James B. Byrne mailto:[log in to unmask]