HP3000-L Archives

July 2007, Week 5

From:
Craig Lalley <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Craig Lalley <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 29 Jul 2007 09:08:22 -0700
Welcome Anamika,

  I am sure the good people from Adager will respond.

  But in case they are not awake yet.  I can try to help.

First, don't worry, one of the best things about Adager is that it protects you from making mistakes.  I have never lost data with Adager.

  Consider yourself lucky that you have Adager available.  :-)

First you need to logon into the group and account, where the database exists.  You also need to logon as the creator of the databse.

  Then run Adager

  :RUN ADAGER.PUB.REGO

  at the Adager prompt, type HELP

  You will see that one of the verbs is FIX

  so type in FIX, Adager is polite and asks you if you need help, just say yes.

  Now you will have 3 options, IIRC, CHAINS, PATHS and SETS.

  To fix a CHAIN, you need to know the specific value, which you may or may not know.
  So the next best bet, is to FIX PATH, and choose the path of the broken chain.

  If the database is not too big, this won't take that long.

  Personally, I would be on the safe side and do one PATH at a time, for that set.

  Adager also has an Examine function that could look further to see if anything else is broken.

  *** One important question, what caused the broken chain?  Have you restored the database lately and possibly only restored part of the files.

  If you are still nervous, (and no one would blame you), you could copy the database to a temporary directory and try the Adager functions, to make sure you have them right.

  Good Luck,

  -Craig

SUBSCRIBE HP3000-L anamika <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
  Hi everybody,

I'm Anamika;a biginner to hp3k and Adager.I'm getting an error

TURBOIMAGE RESULT; RETURN STATUS = 18
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
374 IMAGE CALL INFORMATION NOT AVAILABLE
375 BROKEN BACKWARD CHAIN: SET 10 PATH 1 ENTRY 0 131
376 HEX DUMP OF STATUS ARRAY FOLLOWS:
377 0012 000a 0000 0083 0001 0001 4164 6424 0000 7b11

what does it mean??? Why this kind of error is happening?? how can i solve
this problem? What are the steps needed??

Somebody told me 'chain fix' utility can be used to fix this error.but i dont
know how to use that ...!!

Please help me with a detailed reply

Anamika