HP3000-L Archives

July 2007, Week 3

From:
john pitman <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
john pitman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 20 Jul 2007 08:29:10 +1000
Brian,
IIRC its an FCONTROL call, not an esc sequence here. It's the system echoing
typed chars or not that you want to control, nothing to do with the terminal
itself.
here's C code for OFF

    in = FOPEN("$STDIN",0246,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0L,0,0,1);
    if ( in <= 0 )
         QUIT(99);
    FCONTROL(in,13,&x);

and echo on

  in = FOPEN("$STDIN",0246,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0L,0,0,1);
  if ( in <= 0 )
      QUIT(99);
  FCONTROL(in,12,&x);

or you might try issuing commands