HP3000-L Archives

July 2007, Week 2

From:
Pete Eggers <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Mon, 9 Jul 2007 23:47:54 -0700
That is going to be very difficult, unless you have someone on site that is
at least comfortable with HP3000 gear.

Someone onsite needs to be doing the obvious checks for loose cables, room
overheating, reading a hard copy console log, none functional disk arrays,
etc.

You should have a written disaster plan in place, up-to-date, and a printed
copy in a binder sitting in the computer room.  Apparently you don't.  Make
sure after this disaster has passed, and before everyone forgets the impact,
that the sufficient resources are applied to get one created, tested, and
printed copies distributed.

- Pete