HP3000-L Archives

July 2007, Week 2

From:
Mike Hornsby <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Mike Hornsby <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 13 Jul 2007 09:58:20 -0400
Jesse Dougherty wrote:
> Thanks to all that responded, it looks like we just had an incorrect path,
> the 9x9KS box is up with 6.0 and the HP-IB printers are rolling.
I just finished reading 'Bill & Dave' by Michael S. Malone. He seemed to
think that HP-IB was one of
HP's greatest achievements. I certainly didn't share this view when the
'STARFISH' interface was introduced:(

The book has some interesting discussions about the HP3000 in several
places. Even quotes from Bob Green :)

IMHO, One insight into Dave the book missed was his 11 simple rules: For
the expanded version please link to:
http://www.hp.com/retiree/history/founders/packard/11rules.html

1. Think first of the other fellow. 2. Build up the other person's sense
of importance.
3. Respect the other man's personality rights. 4. Give sincere
appreciation.
5. Eliminate the negative 6. Avoid openly trying to reform people.
7. Try to understand the other person. 8. Check first impressions.
9. Take care with the little details. 10. Develop genuine interest in
people.
11. Keep it up. That's all — just keep it up!

TGIF,
Mike Hornsby
CTO/CoFounder
Beechglen Development Inc.