HP3000-L Archives

July 2007, Week 1

From:
"John K." <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
John K.
Date:
Mon, 2 Jul 2007 19:22:02 -0400
It has been quite a while since I've had to do a lot with the Windows
command line, and now I find I can't remember certain things, such as...

I need to create a .bat file that contains a command to invoke a php
script multiple times, with the "stdin" for each invocation of the
php script immediately following the command invoking the script (ah,
how easy it was to do such things in MPE).  Below is an example of
what the .bat file structure would be:

c:\php\php.exe [php_script_name] [?_something_to_tell_DOS_stdin_data_follows]
[line_0_of_data]
[line_1_of_data]
[line_2_of_data]
[line_n_of_data]
[eod_mark-though_it_was_ctrl_z]
c:\php\php.exe [php_script_name] [?_something_to_tell_DOS_stdin_data_follows]
[line_0_of_data]
[line_1_of_data]
[line_2_of_data]
[line_n_of_data]
[eod_mark-though_it_was_ctrl_z]
c:\php\php.exe [php_script_name] [?_something_to_tell_DOS_stdin_data_follows]
[line_0_of_data]
[line_1_of_data]
[line_2_of_data]
[line_n_of_data]
[eod_mark-though_it_was_ctrl_z]

etc. - you get the point.
I tried using "<" for the
"[?_something_to_tell_DOS_stdin_data_follows]" but that didn't
work.  I can get it to work if the data is in an external file, but
that won't work for this application.  I thought CTRL-Z was the "end
of data" but that just seems to cause the command window to hang.

I guess I'm Googling the wrong keywords as I'm not finding what I'm
looking for.

Any suggestions or assistance are greatly appreciated!

John (running late to pick up my children for a movie!)

*** When replying to this message, please do not delete these ***
*** signature lines. Otakon Katsucon HP3000-L @classiccmp.org ***
*** DigitalCosplay.com    JohnKorbPhoto.com     JohnPKorb.com ***