HP3000-L Archives

June 2007, Week 4

From:
Greg Terterian <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Wed, 27 Jun 2007 12:32:48 -0400
My Customer has Series 928RX (no internal disk drives) connected to MOD 20 Disk array.
He would like to switch his box to Series 969/200 - in other word, he wants to connect the MOD20 disk array to Series 969/200.?
The question is that 928RX path is 56/....? yet 969/200 path is 10/... (the question might be dumb, but my boss is on vacation and I dont know what to reply to the customer)

Can he simply plug MOD 20 disk array, change the primary path and move on (of course he understands that he might need to make adjustments via NMMGR and SYSGEN.? However, he does not want to start from scratch (START with NEW?SYSTEM from 969 FOS tape, create all the accounts using BULDJOB and than restore all the accounts)... does he have a choice?

Any suggestions or help will be appreciated.

Thanks a million in advance
David Raschka