HP3000-L Archives

June 2007, Week 2

From:
Paul Gobes <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Paul Gobes <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 7 Jun 2007 23:40:53 -0600
This is how I would use Suprtool to accomplish your task.

{ 1. create a work file of all the data set entries }

get  remark-summary
sort REMARK-CAT
sort seq#
out  remsums,link

{ 2. use Suprlink to find the data set entries with the same keys }

link input  remsum
link link   XIMGAW15.PUB by remark-cat  seq#
link out   inboth
link exit

{ 3. Update records in the dataset if they do NOT match this workfile }

get    remarks-summary
define all, 1, 182
tab    t1,all,file, inboth
if not $lookup(t1,all)
update
extract ydmend = 'newvalue'

'you can take the boy out of Robelle, but you can't take the
 Robelle out of the boy'... ;-)

/paul