HP3000-L Archives

May 2007, Week 2

From:
Ray Shahan <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Ray Shahan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 8 May 2007 16:18:00 -0500
I forgot to include the list address for my musing...sorry.   8-)

To: 'Walsh, Edward'; okappert
Subject: RE: Subroutine Returns Parameters Displaced

Hmmm, this may require a hammer - just kidding.

It may be of value to take a store of your run time objects from the
prod box, and restore them to the test box and vise versa.  This will
help to show if the error is in the program or the OS (BTW, make sure
you do a full store of the good programs on the prod box before
restoring the test box programs to the prod box, so you have a recovery
tape to reload your prod box with after the test).

Run the two systems with the swapped run times, and see what results you
get.  If your test shows that the run time from the test box  works
swapped out to the prod box, then the OS on the test box has a problem,
but if the swapped out run time from the test box still has an error
while it's running on the prod box, then you need to see what changed in
the run time object from the test box.  Of course, it'll be interesting
to see what the current prod run time object does on the test box OS -
do let us know.

Oh, and I realize that this is a significant and drastic test, so you
may want to see if hp (or the list) can provide a better solution before
attempting my suggestion.

 Regards,

<http://www.republictitle.com/>

  <http://www.republictitle.com/>

Raymond Shahan

Information Systems
 REPUBLIC TITLE OF TEXAS, INC. <http://www.republictitle.com/>
  2701 W Plano Parkway
<http://maps.yahoo.com/maps_result?addr=2701+w+plano+parkway&csz=75075&c
ountry=us&new=1&name=&qty=>
Plano, TX 75075

direct 214.556.0202
main 972.578.8611
fax 972.424.5621

 www.republictitle.com <http://www.republictitle.com/>

Life is not a journey to the grave with the
intention of arriving safely in a pretty and
well preserved body, but rather to skid in
broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out,
and loudly proclaiming:

-- WOW!!! What a Ride!!!