HP3000-L Archives

May 2007, Week 2

From:
Mike Hornsby <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Mike Hornsby <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 11 May 2007 14:47:34 -0400
Walsh, Edward wrote:
> Members of this forum have been so responsive and quick to offer help,
> and so many have requested that I tell them the status, that I am
> responding now, even though the problem has not been resolved.
>
> A very experienced lady from HP has logged on to our system and
> witnessed the error with debug enabled.  In spite of this we still have
> not resolved the problem.
>
> She is the first person I have met who has had contact with the HP 3000
> longer than I have.  I started in 1980, she in 1976.  But I have not
> been continuously working in the HP 3000 world.
I saw my first : prompt in 1974 on a teletype dialed in at 300 baud,
programming in basic.
Kind of like saying I fought in the civil war (in computer terms/years)
I have also seen the problem you have described, and this type of
debugging usually involves
looking at trap handling. I have HP3000 resources and if you can send me
enough of a store
set to recreate the problem I would be willing to investigate this
problem further.

TGIF,
Mike Hornsby
CTO/CoFounder