HP3000-L Archives

April 2007, Week 3

From:
Bob Schlosser <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Thu, 19 Apr 2007 14:00:31 -0500
Andreas

I have bad news and bad news.

The bad news is that there is a corrupt file on the ldev you are trying to
reestablish
the mirror to.

The other bad news is that to correct it you have to replace the one working
drive with
a new drive.

We had this problem on one of our systems. We backed up the volume set, with
directory,
replaced the drive giving us the error (in your case, 94), deleted and
scratched the volume
set, and rebuild the drive. Did the restore with only the directory option
first, then did
the file restores. The good news is we only lost 1 file, the one that is
giving you the error,
and we could recover it from a prior backup.

I hope this helps.

Robert Schlosser
Global Business Systems
Premier Farnell plc