HP3000-L Archives

April 2007, Week 3

From:
Robert Holtz <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Thu, 19 Apr 2007 10:22:09 -0700
I bought my wife a brand new 2002 VW New Beetle and it was a good car
until the warranty ran out after 4 years.  Then all kinds of problems
started occurring.  The last straw for this vehicle was when there was a
problem with an electrical switch that would not let you start the car
unless the car was in park (a current recall on this switch is in
effect).  There was another problem with the engine that we were told
the mechanic was not sure what the cause was and that it would cost us
at least $1000 to just get into the engine to see what the problem was.
Despite this, she wanted another VW New Beetle and this one has the
extended warranty, including free oil changes.

Robert Holtz
Phoenix Police Department