HP3000-L Archives

April 2007, Week 2

From:
Michael Anderson <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Michael Anderson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 12 Apr 2007 11:33:15 -0500
As I recall, the last time I placed a call to HP response center (many
years ago);

The script goes something like this:

Response center trainee answers: Response center, what is your system
handle?

You reply: <what ever it is>

Response center trainee: Are you having a hardware or software
problem?

You reply: Software/Hardware

Response center trainee: What is the model number?

you reply: HP3000

Response center trainee: Is that a printer or a sever?

This is the point in the script when you hang-up the phone, and call
someone who knows what a HP3000 is, and knows how to help you!

This is why I use Beechglen (in Cincinnati Ohio) for MPE software
support, and Surety Systems (in Houston) for Hardware support.

--
Michael Anderson
Programmer/Analyst -- Technology Dept.

>>> Gary Sielaff <[log in to unmask]> 4/12/2007 10:30:53 am

I am trying to train a new operator and I was wondering if anyone had
like a
"script" that they use for calling into the response center?  This
probably
sounds weird but I am hesitant to go through a test call to them.  Its
been
so long since I had to call that I don't even have the 800 number and I
am
not sure if there is a different number to call for hardware vs.
software.
I believe I can find our handle from our maintenance agreement.

Anyway, if someone can help it would be very much appreciated.  If
not,
that's just the way the cookie crumbles.

Tks

Gary Sielaff
I.T. Manager and Dinosaur
City of Moses Lake