HP3000-L Archives

April 2007, Week 2

From:
"Johnson, Tracy" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Johnson, Tracy
Date:
Tue, 10 Apr 2007 18:02:48 -0400
I've had 3 weeks of using ./xhpterm  freevt3k on Linux and it sucks.

- I miss being able to expand to a 132 column screen.
- I miss the line-draw character set (shiftin/shiftout chars).
- I miss the ability to use redo comma in MPEX.
- and I miss the ability to use Visual mode in QEDit.
- I miss the ability to pull down the window and get more than 24 lines.

So I'm looking at installing Wine for my Linux distro so I can get
QCTerm back.  (Too bad there is no native Linux distro for QCTerm.)  I'm
using Mandriva and I found a Wine distro for it.  After downloading I
get a wine-0.9.30-mdk.i586.rpm file.  I'm guessing MDK files are
Mandrake specific.

There is plenty of FAQ on how to install Wine, but for Mandrake files I
just I cannot find (or it is just deeply buried somewhere) on what(tf)
to do with an .rpm file once you have it.

Any clues?

Tracy Johnson
Measurement Specialties, Inc.

BT