UTCSTAFF Archives

April 2007

UTCSTAFF@RAVEN.UTC.EDU

From:
Carol Oglesby <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Carol Oglesby <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 23 Apr 2007 14:04:43 -0400
This Wednesday, April 25, the American Heart Association will begin a new
program called "Walking at Work!"  UTC would like to invite all faculty and
staff to participate in this program.  We will meet in Lansing Court,
between Maclellan Gymnasium and the UC on Wednesday at noon to go for a walk
along the river.  Free pedometers to the first 8 faculty or staff to show up
and iced water for all those who attend.  So bring those sneakers, we hope
to see you there!

Questions, please call Carol Oglesby at extension 4064

Join in the nationwide call-to-action to Walking at Work on Wednesday, April
25 and rally local businesses and their employees to initiate Start!
Employers are asked to encourage their employees to bring their sneakers to
work and take a walk for 30 minutes.

Why walk? Walking is the key to prevention.

*	With the lowest drop out rate of any physical activity, walking is
the simplest positive change you can make to effectively improve your heart
health.

*	Heart disease is everyone's #1 killer. Physical inactivity doubles
the risk of heart disease. Start! walking at work and Start! decreasing your
risk.

*	Research shows that for every hour of physical activity, there is a
gain of 2 hours of life expectancy. The benefits are clear: 2 for 1.

*	The average annual healthcare cost per person exceeds $3,000 and 60%
of CEOs cite healthcare as their top cost pressure

Please view and feel free to reproduce the materials below:

.
<BLOCKED::http://www.americanheart.org/downloadable/heart/117338677557706-72
19 Start! W@WD SalesSht.pdf>

<BLOCKED::http://www.americanheart.org/downloadable/heart/117338814931306-72
27 START W@WD Poster.pdf>
http://www.americanheart.org/downloadable/heart/117338814931306-7227 START
W@WD Poster.pdf

If you have any questions please contact me and the information listed
below:

Camille .T. Burgin

Regional Director

American Heart Association

Greater Southeast Affiliate

519 E 4th St

Chattanooga, TN 37403

P: 423-668-4900

F: 423-668-4901

* UTCSTAFF home page:  http://raven.utc.edu/archives/utcstaff.html *
* unsubscribe:  mailto:[log in to unmask]  *
*   subscribe:  mailto:[log in to unmask]    *