HP3000-L Archives

March 2007, Week 4

From:
Roy Brown <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Roy Brown <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 22 Mar 2007 22:48:43 +0000
In message <[log in to unmask]>, Brian Donaldson
<[log in to unmask]> writes
>Thanks to all who responded.
>
>I removed the power pack and its part number is 0950-2114 Model  SMP-200HL
>
>Found one on eBay for a minimal amount of $$ (shipping cost is more than  the
>power pack itself)
>
>However, before I go buy the thing, I have another question -- how do  I know
>the power pack itself is
>blown or if it is just a blown fuse on the power pack board?
>
>I pulled off the fuse and eyeballed it closely but it is just a plain white
>fuse with nothing written on it.
>
>TIA,
>Brian.

Did you test it for open circuit?

If it's not open circuit, then the bad news is that it's the power
supply, and the good news is that you don't care that you don't know the
rating for the fuse.

But if it is open circuit, then the good news is that all you need is a
new fuse; but the bad news is you don't know what sort to get...

--
Roy Brown        'Have nothing in your houses that you do not know to be
Kelmscott Ltd     useful, or believe to be beautiful'  William Morris