HP3000-L Archives

March 2007, Week 3

From:
Brian Donaldson <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Wed, 21 Mar 2007 21:55:11 EDT
Since my previous posting on this subject I had a bit of a disaster happen
Friday night.

Electricity in the house went off causing my 917LX to go down like the
Titanic.

After I reset the breaker the 3000 came back up but the separate box  (HP6000
mini tower)
did not. Maybe the power pack got fried? Effectively, I lost 3 disc drives,
27GB of disc space.

I did a reload and tried to restore 5 discs of data onto Ldev 1 and 2. I  was
able to restore the application
I am currently working on.

Thanks to all who gave me the heads up on the iodfault file that  documents
all of the disc drives
compatible with this box.

I bought a 36 gigger off ebay and am just waiting for it to  arrive.

Once I install it, I will do a reload again and then a full restore.  That
should give me my 40GB of disc space
back again (theoretically).

My question this time is this -- does anyone have a product number of the
power supply of my dead HP6000
mini-tower?

TIA,
Brian.

<< Thanks for all the responses.

Yes, the Seagate 750GB  drives are SATA or PATA(?).

My 917LX runs under 6.5  PP3

The scary thing is that my wife bought a little Sony VAIO  laptop a while
ago.

That little computer has 120GB of  space on the ONE hard drive in  it.

Talk about being left  standing at the starting gate........

So what is the largest  capacity disc drive that will work in my 917LX
running under 6.5 PP3

-- 18GB? 36GB? nnnGB  ?

TIA,
Brian.