HP3000-L Archives

March 2007, Week 2

From:
Greg Terterian <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Wed, 14 Mar 2007 19:45:12 EDT
Ok, here is the scenario.

My customer has 918RX.  He just purchased another 918RX which is  identical
twin of what he has, except the new one has Operating system 7.0 (and  his old
one is on 6.0).

Is there a way that we can take certain files (like NMCONFIG.PUB.SYS and so
on) from his old system and put it on the new system and we will skip all the
reconfiguration process?

Even though the systems are identical hardware wise, the IP address,  network
configuration are different (however the network card is on the same  path
and everything).

Any help will be appreciated!

Thanks a lot
David