UTCSTAFF Archives

March 2007

UTCSTAFF@RAVEN.UTC.EDU

From:
Hunter Huckabay <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Hunter Huckabay <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 7 Mar 2007 05:35:02 -0500
Anyone interested in seeing how one of UTC's many outreach programs is
paying dividends is invited to the University Center Auditorium, from
3:45 to 5:00 this Thursday March 8.  At that time, five teams of GEAR UP
students will be locking horns in GEAR UP's Seventh Annual Black History
Bowl.  The contestants are sixth and seventh graders who, under the
leadership of 40 UTC students, have spent the past six weeks working
after school to improve their reading, their math skills and their grip
on Black History.  Each team won a qualifying round at their school
earlier this week, and tomorrow's contest will be the battle for final
superiority on Planet GEAR UP.  It will be a high-spirited gathering,
and our kids--both our middle school students and the UTC students who
teach them every day--would welcome any member of the university
community who would like to watch the fireworks.

As always, we appreciate the deep support UTC has provided our students.
Please call me if you have any questions or would like any further
information, and if you hear the rafters rattling in the vicinity of the
UC Auditorium on Thursday, you'll now know who it is that's raising the
roof.  Thanks,

Hunter

Hunter Huckabay, Ph.D.

Director of GEAR UP
College of Education
University of Tennessee-Chattanooga
Chattanooga, TN  37403
423-425-5386

.

* UTCSTAFF home page:  http://raven.utc.edu/archives/utcstaff.html *
* unsubscribe:  mailto:[log in to unmask]  *
*   subscribe:  mailto:[log in to unmask]    *