HP3000-L Archives

February 2007, Week 4

From:
Robin Quinn <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Robin Quinn <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 27 Feb 2007 11:10:57 -0500
Chuck,

We use a 700/96 for one of our consoles, when not using secure web console.
These are pretty much the same as the 2392A.  These are the configurations
we have.

--- DataComm ----
Baud Rate  9600        Parity None/8      EnqAck YES
Asterisk OFF             ck parity NO        SR(CH) LO
Recv Pace  XonXoff    XmitPace NONE   CS(CB)Xmit NO

----Terminal config ---
Datacom/ExtDev  Serial(1)/Serial(2)
Local Echo  OFF    CapsLock OFF    StartCol     1      Bell  ON  (your choice)
XmitFcnt(A) NO     SPOW(B) NO     InhEOLurp  NO     Line/Page  LINE
InhHndShk(g) NO   InhDC2(H) NO   BlkXferTrigr DC1   EscXfer(N)  NO

Hope this helps

Robin Quinn

On Sat, 24 Feb 2007 13:05:34 -0800, Chuck Trites
<[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>I just fired up an old 3000 and can't get to the ISL to boot the system.  I
have an HP 2392A terminal for the console and put new batteries in the
terminal.  I can't get any response in Remote mode from the keyboard.  I'm
wondering if the configuration for DataComm and or Terminal are correct.  I
have not done this forever and of course have no manual.  I've been to the
HP site and can only find configuration for VPLUS and so forth.  Does anyone
have an old manual for terminals or remember what the settings should be ?

>    TIA,
>  Chuck

>Be a PS3 game guru.
>Get your game face on with the latest PS3 news and previews at Yahoo!
Games.