HP3000-L Archives

February 2007, Week 1

From:
Paul Scott <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Paul Scott <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 7 Feb 2007 13:21:57 -0800
And if I had not seen this myself, the explanation in that article would
make total sense to me. Granted, further down in that article they say
CFs aren't well suited for a bathroom which is where one was located.
But this was clearly not just "heat escaping at the end of it's life".
Sparks were jumping, smoke plumes, there was loud crackling sounds for
about a minute until I shut the switch off. When I went to remove the
bulb, it was MUCH hotter than a normal CF that has been on for a while.
I could easily see if a cloth lamp shade had been near, it could
potentially catch fire. But hey, I don't work for UL.

Paul