HP3000-L Archives

February 2007, Week 1

From:
Shawn Gordon <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Shawn Gordon <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 6 Feb 2007 09:10:12 -0800
I have to say that I'm stunned that this legislation never got
overturned, I really thought it would.  They've doinked around with
DST a lot of times, the last time it was extended was because of the
BBQ lobby, this time I saw an interview with the congressman that put
it forward and his lame, stuttering reason was "wouldn't it be nice
to get home from work and have it still be light out?".  Well, if
that is the argument, then have DST in the winter instead of the
summer - oh yea,they tried that and kids were going to school in the
dark.  I personally hate DST and now it's 3 weeks longer causing a
huge expense in the private sector for all kinds of devices and it is
all on the whim of some moron in congress.

At 08:39 AM 2/6/2007, Paul Edwards wrote:
> >From the WXPNews newsletter:
>
>Daylight Saving Time change: how will it affect your computer?
>
>One aspect of a Energy Policy Act of 2005 mandated a big change in daylight
>saving time, which will be extended by four additional weeks starting in
>2007. Well, 2007 is here and the change takes effect on March 11, when DST
>starts three weeks earlier than usual. Folks with older computers are
>wondering what problems, if any, the time change will cause. If your
>computer is relatively new and automatically updated, you probably don't
>have anything to worry about. Older operating systems may require you to
>manually update. Microsoft is making update tools available for Windows,
>Outlook, Exchange and mobile products.
>
>For more info about Microsoft products affected by the change and what you
>should do to make the transition easier, including links to update
>utilities, see:
>http://www.wxpnews.com/RXW0N7/070206-DST
>
>All versions of Windows can be updated using the procedure in KB article
>914387 at
>http://www.wxpnews.com/RXW0N7/070206-DST-Updates

>  CDR Paul Edwards USNR Ret.       HP 3000 Certified Consultant
>  Paul Edwards & Associates
>  1506 Estates Way                 Phone: (972) 242-6660
>  Carrollton TX 75006              Cel  : (214) 384-8728
>  Email: [log in to unmask]          Web  : www.peassoc.com

Regards,

Shawn Gordon
President