HP3000-L Archives

January 2007, Week 4

From:
Kishan P <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Wed, 24 Jan 2007 22:17:43 +0530
Hi,

Could you please give us the solution for the following query for which we
are  struggling?

In the present application, there are couple of COBOL programs. We use
concept of segmenter in executing these programs.

There is one file called SL ( Segmened Library). This file contains
executable segments for all the programs.
Whenever we make any changes in any program, first we compile the program
and the compiled segments are collected into an USL file(User Subprogram
Library file). These segments in the USL file, replace the original
segments in the SL file ( Segmented Library file).

So when the application is getting executed, this SL file  (Segmented
Library file) will be used to pickup the correct segment for the
corresponding screen in the entire application.

Compilation Procedure follows like this:

-> First we make the changes in the program.

-> Then we compile the program using the command

      COBOLII Source program file,USL File,,Control Card.

      For example: COBOLII MPTEC00A.JPGROUP.ISD , MPTEC00U.JPGROUP.ISD , ,
LAYDNNNN.PUB.MRPIIDEV

                                 COBOLII MPTEC00A.JPGROUP.ISD ,
MPTEC00U.JPGROUP.ISD , , LAYDNNNN.PUB.MRPIIDEV

           COBOLII                              --- This is command used
to compile.
         MPTEC00A.JPGROUP.ISD     ---  This is source program file
         MPTEC00U.JPGROUP.ISD   ---  This is USL (User Subprogram Library)
file.
            LAYDNNNN.PUB.MRPIIDEV   ----   This is Control Card file

-> Once the compilation is successful, we replace the segments in the SL
file by  the USL file.

-> Finally, we execute the entire application through one executable file
which uses this SL file. So on running the application, the new or changed
segments
     in the SL file should be picked up.

Now our problem in the present context is, we didn't get any errors in the
compilation procedure. We successfully replaced the old segments in the SL
file with the new segments from the USL file.
But when we execute the entire application, the changes in the source
program are taken into effect on the screen in the application.
Even the output  from the commented part of the source program also
appears on the screen. We are not able to see any output corresponding to
the new changes.

Could you please help us with this problem?
Attached is the compilation procedure we follow for the application.

Thanks & Regards,
Jai Kishan Pannem
Tata Consultancy Services
Mailto: [log in to unmask]
Website: http://www.tcs.com
and any attachments. Thank you

1. Make changes to file say “MPTEC00A.SOURCE.TRIAL”(All the source     programs are stored in this account and group only) and save it as MPTEC00T 2. COPY MFGUSL.USL.MRPIIDEV,MFGUSLT (MFGUSL contains segments of all MRP applications.) 3. COPY SL.PUB.MRPIIDEV,SLT 4. Run setfiles UDC so that the following File equations for library are set. FILE FCSLIB=FCSLIB.LIBRARY.MRPIIDEV FILE MCSLIB=MCSLIB.LIBRARY.MRPIIDEV FILE SACLIB=SACLIB.LIBRARY.MRPIIDEV FILE FCSLIBI=FCSLIBI.LIBRARY.MRPIIDEV FILE MCSLIBI=MCSLIBI.LIBRARY.MRPIIDEV FILE PROCLIB=PROCLIB.LIBRARY.MRPIIDEV FILE PROCLIBI=PROCLIBI.LIBRARY.MRPIIDEV FILE SACLIBI=SACLIBI.LIBRARY.MRPIIDEV FILE GARLIB=GARLIB.LIBRARY.MRPIIDEV 5. COBOLII MPTEC00T,MPTEC00U,,LAYDNNNN.PUB.MRPIIDEV The above is the compilation step where MPTEC00U is the USL file and LAYDNNNN.PUB.MRPIIDEV is the control card file.              6. Run Segmenter i) :SEGMENTER ii) -USL MPTEC00U iii) -LISTUSL – Gives the list of segments in the this USL only. Seg1      Seg2 iv) - SL SLT v) - LISTSL seg1 vi) -PURGESL SEGMENT, seg1 vii) -PURGESL SEGMENT, seg2 viii) -ADDSL seg1 ix) -ADDSL seg2 Exit Segmenter. By this time SLT is with the newly compiled programs. Now sign into MRPIIDEV account and Run the program. 7. Take backup of SL.PUB.MRPIIDEV. COPY SL.PUB.MRPIIDEV,SLBKUP.PUB.MRPIIDEV Replace it with the new SLT as SL COPY SLT.AJGROUP.ISD,SL.PUB.MRPIIDEV 8. Now set the following file equations for MRP to run as in SA00(UDC) FILE PAGEFILE=PAGEFILE.DATA;REC=-2100,1,F,ASCII;ACC=INOUT;TEMP;DISC=300 FILE PURDB=PURDB.DAT.PUR FILE POSUPP=POSUPP.DAT.PUR FILE DATEDB=DATEDB.PUB.MIS FILE WIPMST=WIPMST.DATA.TRIAL FILE SYSDB=SYSDB.DB.TRIAL FILE COMDB=COMDB.DB.TRIAL 9. RUN MPTSA00A.EXE;LIB=G;stdlist=filename. This runs the new version of MRP. * To join/leave the list, search archives, change list settings, * * etc., please visit http://raven.utc.edu/archives/hp3000-l.html *