HP3000-L Archives

January 2007, Week 4

From:
Craig Lalley <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Craig Lalley <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 22 Jan 2007 15:03:04 -0800
John Lee <[log in to unmask]> wrote:  I think James is right on, but you have to go a step further. The reason
private schools succeed is parent involvement, and the primary problem with
public schools is lack of parent involvement. Public schools are forced to
deal with issues that uninvolved parents ignore, instead thrusting them
upon society. It is becoming a HUGE problem. It is my wife's field of
study (20 years worth). It's going to take incredible courage and
leadership to go into some communities and get parents to care about their
childrens' education.

John Lee

John,

  In some cases it is lack of caring... but in most, I would wager that it is eaiser to send a child to expensive private schools, than to deal with an huge bloated, unionized bureaucracy.  A bureaucracy that is more concerned with tolerance and Zero Tolerance.

  -Craig

Be a PS3 game guru.