HP3000-L Archives

January 2007, Week 1

From:
Shawn Gordon <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Shawn Gordon <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 2 Jan 2007 16:26:15 -0800
I bought a little convertor box a couple years ago that takes RCA,
s/video and some other formats in, and then will output various
formats, I've been hooking up all my old video cameras to it and
dumping them on to my mac laptop and using iMovie and iDVD to
basically slice them up and put chapter marks and background music on
the menu and stuff.  My biggest challenge is splitting up the
holidays between my families and my in-laws to get the footage of the
folks who have passed away to the ones that want it.

At 03:38 PM 1/2/2007, Michael Berkowitz wrote:
>HP used to make the  DVD movie writer DC5000
>
>http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/genericDocument?docname=c00219743&cc=us&dlc=en&lc=en&jumpid=reg_R1002_USEN
>
>This appears to be a discontinued product.  Does anyone know of a similar
>device from someone else that would allow you to copy VHS and VHS-C tapes
>to DVD
>
>Thanks,
>
>Michael Berkowitz
>Project Manager, CGS Application Solutions
>707 Wilshire Blvd Suite 1900
>Los Angeles, CA  90017-3509
>T: 213 614-1308
>F: 213 614-2028