HP3000-L Archives

December 2006, Week 1

From:
Dan Clifford <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Dan Clifford <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 7 Dec 2006 19:28:19 -0500
Reggie,

We have a monitor program that we can give you that will monitor the extent
b-tree table usage. You can set a threshold value and when the table reached
that threshold a program will be run (FFLUSH) that will attempt to reduce the
number of entries in the table. It takes about 15 minutes to setup and does
not require any downtime. If you are interested in getting this just call us at
949-754-8000 and place a Netbase Support call. When a Support Engineer
calls you back simply request the new Netbase Monitor and ask for the
engineer to assist you in setting it up on your system. The files can be
downloaded easily. It will require us to build a new group in the Netbase
account and you will have to have a job slot for the Monitor job to run. We
suggest that the monitor job be running whenever the system is up.

There is no cost associated with this since you already have Netbase Support
with us.

There is no guarantee how much space the FFLUSH program will free up but it
is something that is easy to do and it will be worth a try.

Dan Clifford
Quest Software