HP3000-L Archives

December 2006, Week 1

From:
Paul H Christidis <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Paul H Christidis <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 7 Dec 2006 17:10:04 -0500
HP-3000 Systems Discussion <[log in to unmask]> wrote on 12/06/2006
10:57:15 PM:

> Hi,
> I want to write a quiz report that will allow a user to see the
> report in an excel
> sheet instead of on the screen or on paper. How do u do this ?

I have not used Quiz in a very long time, but I remember that there is a
way to generate a report without page breaks and multiple occurrences of
the headings (somehow the 'export' option comes to mind).  So you could
generate such a report, send it to a disk file and then mail it to the
user as an attachment of a document with the '.xls' extension.  The
recipient then should be able to open it using excel and, if the report is
in column format, excel should be able to easily parse it.

You may have some problems with 'zero filled' data, as excel will treat
them as numeric fields.

Regards
Paul Christidis