HP3000-L Archives

November 2006, Week 5

From:
"Davidek, Steve" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Davidek, Steve
Date:
Wed, 29 Nov 2006 13:12:14 -0800
There is still space available in the next hour-long webcast brought to
you by Encompass and HP will take place on Thursday, December 6 at 2:00
EST / 11:00AM PST. Join us as Kevin Cooper of HP presents "Performance
of Migrated HP e3000 Applications".

In discussions about migrating applications off the HP e3000, a common
question is, "How will these applications perform on a new platform?"
Users moving off the HP e3000 need to know what size system will be
required to run their migrated applications. This webcast will explore
what is involved in figuring out how an application will perform when it
is moved from MPE/iX to another operating system like HP-UX, Linux, or
Windows.

This presentation will look at the different components of a migrated
application, and investigate the performance implications of some of the
available alternatives for each component. We'll take a look at some of
your choices in hardware, including platform, CPU speed, number of
processors, memory, and disk. And we'll look at some of the performance
differences in software, such as operating system, language, database,
the I/O and networking layers, and the user interface.

From this talk, hopefully you will understand why your questions about
migration performance can't be answered with a single number!

To register, visit

http://www.encompassus.org/events/webcasts/MigrationApplications.cfm.
At the bottom of the page there is a link to the registration page.
Simply click on the link and follow these instructions:

*	If you have never participated in an Encompass/HP webcast, click
on 'First Time Users Click Here To Register'.

	*	Please use hpencompass as your signup password
	*	You will need to create a User ID and password for
yourself; it is important that you remember this information as you will
need it when you log into the website for the webcast.
	*	Please be sure to test your PC on the HP Virtual Room
2-3 days prior to the webcast. If you any have problems when you test,
please call the HP Virtual Room help desk at (888) 351-4732 so that the
problem can be solved prior to the webcast.

*	If you have participated in an HP/Encompass webcast in the past,
enter your ID and Password and then select 'Course Catalog' and click on
the link to this webcast.

 We look forward to your participation in this webcast!

Steve Davidek, Director of Advocacy

Encompass, Your HP Enterprise Technology User Group

Systems Administrator, City of Sparks, Nevada

http://www.encompassus.org <http://www.encompassus.org/>