HP3000-L Archives

November 2006, Week 4

From:
Neil Armstrong <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Neil Armstrong <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 27 Nov 2006 09:31:24 -0500
At 08:45 AM 11/27/2006, Tom Hula wrote:

>At 11/22/2006 04:54 PM, Bruce Collins wrote:
>>There are three possible values for CIUPDATE
>>
>>CIUPDATE = [DISALLOWED ]
>>            [ALLOWED ]
>>            [ON ]
>>
>>I never really understood the meaning of ALLOWED but I think you
>>wabt to set it to ON.
>>
>>Bruce
>
>Seems like ALLOWED would only work in a program...can't remember if
>you have to
>do something special in the program. But it is temporary. So
>programs like QUERY
>can't do CIUPDATE unless you set it to ON.

If the program calls the correct  dbcontrol mode:

    {  5 = enable Critical Item Update                                  }
    {  6 = disable Critical Item Update

the program will be able to do critical item update if the CIUPDATE
is ALLOWED or ON.

If the program does NOT call the correct dbcontrol mode, the program
will only be able to
do the critical item update if the CIUPDATE is set to ON.

Sincerely,

Neil