HP3000-L Archives

November 2006, Week 4

From:
Denys Beauchemin <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Wed, 22 Nov 2006 08:37:02 -0600
I am not well versed in Adager, but I would venture to say that you are
dealing with a detail dataset and you can't reduce it without performing a
reorganization of the set.  There are detail records in entries above
5,500,000 and without updating all the pointers in the detail entries and
the corresponding master entries, you simply can't do that and hope to have
a working database.

Adager prevented you from mangling your database.

Denys