HP3000-L Archives

November 2006, Week 2

From:
John Bawden <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
John Bawden <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 8 Nov 2006 09:53:32 -0800
Michael,

Normally I avoid the OT posts but.... Nobody in
military service has been "stuck" in Iraq. If you join
(and we do have a volunteer force) than you damned
well should know that you may wind up in a combat
zone. Military service is not a democracy where you
get to vote and have a choice in where you serve
(within limits). There are recruits enlisting so that
they CAN serve in Iraq in spite of the idiotic
administration that got us there. And there are many
other reasons why recruiting falls short at times.
Again many of them are the fault of past or current
admistrations (low pay, poor benefits, broken promises
of retirement benefits, etc.). Deride Bush and his
admistration all you want, but walk a mile in their
boots before you go off on the grunts.

John Bawden

http://www.boston.com/news/nation/articles/2006/02/20/struggling_for_recruit

http://edition.cnn.com/2000/US/02/03/army.recruitment/

http://www.military.com/NewsContent/0,13319,78111,00.html?ESRC=army-a.nl
> Army Secretary Noel Harvey and Gen. Richard Cody,
> the vice chief of staff,
> said Monday that the Army is using looser Defense
> Department rules that
> permits it to sign up more high school dropouts and
> people who score lower
> on mental-qualification tests, but they denied that
> this meant it was
> lowering standards.
>

> On Wed, 8 Nov 2006 05:18:33 -0800, John Bawden
> wrote:
>
> >Michael,
> >
> >While you might be correct that most recruits don't
> >have college degrees, neither do most of the
> freshman
> >in college. Everybody has to start somewhere.
> However,
> >the military services all emphasize education, both
> >civilian and military. After spending 20 years in
> the
> >Army, I knew MANY fellow soldiers that had attained
> >bachelors and masters degrees and had taken
> >significant number of advanced military
> >training/education, myself included.
> >
> >John Bawden
> >Homestead3000 Consulting
> >CW3 USA Retired (And proud of it)
> >

> >--- Michael Baier <[log in to unmask]>
> wrote:
> >
> >> thats why according to Rumsfeld we have this army
> >> and not the one we wish
> >> for.
> >>
> >> Ok, show me the statistic with recruits that have
> >> college degree.
> >> Show me, that they are the majority.
> >>
> >> you were the exception (positive) just like the
> >> idiots are the exception
> >> (negative)
> >>
> >> and the majority is:
> >>
> >> * To join/leave the list, search archives, change
> >> list settings, *
> >> * etc., please visit
> >> http://raven.utc.edu/archives/hp3000-l.html *
> >>

> >John Bawden
> >Homestead3000 Consulting

> _______________
> >Sponsored Link
> >
> >Talk more and pay less. Vonage can save you up to
> $300 a year on your
> phone bill.
> >Sign up now. http://www.vonage.com/startsavingnow/
> >
> >* To join/leave the list, search archives, change
> list settings, *
> >* etc., please visit
> http://raven.utc.edu/archives/hp3000-l.html *
>
> * To join/leave the list, search archives, change
> list settings, *
> * etc., please visit
> http://raven.utc.edu/archives/hp3000-l.html *

John Bawden