HP3000-L Archives

November 2006, Week 1

From:
Tony Summers <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Tony Summers <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 6 Nov 2006 21:09:38 -0000
<plug?> We use SPOOLPDF and OPENPDF.

Previous discussions with the vendor (blind copied into this email so he
knows I'm talking about him) revealed a very interesting use of his
product at another company.   One company were converting spoolfiles to
PDF and then using reflections escape sequences to automatically open
the resultant PDF files.   I don't know whether the company in question
were first FTP'ing the PDF output to a file server and/or whether those
files were being directly accessed via a samba share on the HP3000.

If you want to go down this route,  I can - via the vendor - send you my
Cobol PDF wrapper routine that calls the 3rd part software - all you
need to supply is the spoolfile name (either in o2134.out.hpspool format
or as a file name in your local group, that's of course assuming you've
chosen to re-direct the spoolfile to disc first - the advantage of this
latter option is you don't have to search for the spoolfile number).

Vendor is www.openseas.co.uk