HP3000-L Archives

November 2006, Week 1

From:
"Setree, Wesley" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Setree, Wesley
Date:
Fri, 3 Nov 2006 11:56:47 -0500
Gentle listers,

Our security guy was running a security scan using Qualys on our 918RX with
10/100 baseT NIC, and it caused a system abort. All this of course is behind
our firewall. Here are some of the entries off the console:

13:47/#J51/149/Calling Socket%102714 MAIL
13:47/#J51/149@ipaddress THU, NOV 2, 2006

Lots of these types of messages for MAIL and POP3, then we see this:

NS/3000 INTERNAL ERROR IN DSDAD; JOB: 0; PIN: 89, Info: 0
Error: 25; No Server entry for PIN in ServerDead msg
Miscellaneous    : 156

Lots of these with different miscellaneous numbers attached to it

NS/3000 INTERNAL ERROR IN (module - 22); Job: 0; PIN: 171; Info: 0
Error: 36; Invalid RFA request.

Many of these messages, then we begin to see:

NS/3000 INTERNAL ERROR IN VT; Job: #J118; PIN: 92
Error: 12; Error Reported by VT
VT error     : 7; UNEXPECTED/BAD RESPONSE FROM VT
NS/3000 INTERNAL ERROR IN VT; Job: 0;  PIN: 92; Info: 0
Error: 12; Error Reported by VT
VT error     : 6; VTS MESSAGE HAS INVALID FORMAT

Again, lots of these messages.

Has anyone else used this software or experience this behavior? Our initial
thought is that it overwhelmed the NIC, but I also wonder if we have some
incorrect settings that have been exposed. Any assistance is greatly
appreciated.

Wesley Setree
HP3000 Systems Administrator
Office: 608-242-2712  x:1247
Mobile: 608-556-0780

Confidentiality Notice: This e-mail transmission
may contain confidential or legally privileged
information that is intended only for the individual
or entity named in the e-mail address. If you are not
the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that
any disclosure, copying, distribution, or reliance
upon the contents of this e-mail is strictly prohibited.

If you have received this e-mail transmission in error,
please reply to the sender, so that we can arrange
for proper delivery, and then please delete the message
from your inbox. Thank you.