UTCSTAFF Archives

November 2006

UTCSTAFF@RAVEN.UTC.EDU

From:
Adam Trowbridge <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Adam Trowbridge <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 8 Nov 2006 11:50:44 -0500
>It is part documentary, part story, and part elaborate and inspiring
> visual effects and animations.... revealing the uncertain world of the
> quantum field hidden behind what we consider to be our normal, waking
> reality and questioning the fundamental premises of our life - how
> relationships with others should be, and how emotions affect work.

It should be mentioned that this film may also be part propaganda for
"Judith Darlene Hampton, a self-proclaimed spiritual medium as well as the
CEO of JZK, Inc., parent company of Ramtha's School of Enlightenment. Knight
claims that on 7 February 1977, an entity called Ramtha, The Enlightened
One, appeared to her and her husband in her kitchen in Tacoma, Washington.
She further claims Ramtha prepared her for out-of-body experiences. Knight
claims that since then, she has been able to channel Ramtha by going through
a process of leaving her body, allowing Ramtha to teach through her."

Several online sources claim that all three directors are members of the
Ramtha School but I could only confirm that one of them was in a short
lunchtime search:
" These ideas had been germinating in my head for years. Then seven or eight
years ago, I joined Ramtha School in Washington, where many of these ideas
are part of the curriculum" -William Arntz in
http://www.nexuspub.com/articles/2005/interview_jan_2005.htm

I would encourage people interested in the ideas to see the film, of course,
but here's some grains of salt for your popcorn:

Of those interviewed are "Dr. Joseph Dispenza...a teacher at Ramtha's School
of Enlightenment as is Amit Goswami, Mgr. Miceal Ledwith, and JZ Knight, who
channels Ramtha."

(quotes above from Wikipedia
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/What_the_bleep_do_we_know and
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/JZ_Knight).

"David Albert, a professor at the Columbia University physics department,
has accused the filmmakers of warping his ideas to fit a spiritual agenda.
"I don't think it's quite right to say I was 'tricked' into appearing," he
said in a statement reposted by a critic on "What the Bleep's"  Internet
forum,  "but it is certainly the case that I was edited in such a way as to
completely suppress my actual views about the matters the movie discusses. I
am, indeed, profoundly unsympathetic to attempts at linking quantum
mechanics with consciousness. Moreover, I explained all that, at great
length, on camera, to the producers of the film ... Had I known that I would
have been so radically misrepresented in the movie, I would certainly not
have agreed to be filmed."" --
http://dir.salon.com/story/ent/feature/2004/09/16/bleep/index_np.html

A review of the physics issues in the movie:
http://www.intuitor.com/moviephysics/bleep.html

The Skeptics Society Review:
http://www.skeptic.com/eskeptic/04-10-01.html

* UTCSTAFF home page:  http://raven.utc.edu/archives/utcstaff.html *
* unsubscribe:  mailto:[log in to unmask]  *
*   subscribe:  mailto:[log in to unmask]    *