HP3000-L Archives

September 2006, Week 5

From:
Christian Lheureux <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Christian Lheureux <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 30 Sep 2006 18:05:16 +0200
Denys, you've got the spelling right for both men. You can't possibly count
the "Rue Nungesser" (Nungesser Street, for all of us who are not fluent in
French), almost every mid-size town has one. Oddly enough, there are very,
very few Coli Streets.

IIRC, Nungesser and Coli attempted to cross the Atlantic from Europe to the
States (not the brightest idea, as far as dominant winds are concerned), but
never made it to the shore and were lost to the ocean. I'd be quite
surprised to learn they made it to America, but since their remains were
never retrieved ... who knows ... It took 73 years to find the Titanic
wreckage and 62 to locate Saint-Exupéry's plane.

A French plane wrecked in Maine .... well .... why not ... that would be
very interesting !

Christian "still around, though not really active, 3000-wise" Lheureux