HP3000-L Archives

September 2006, Week 4

From:
James Hofmeister <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Tue, 26 Sep 2006 09:36:07 -0400
Hello Wesley,

>> Here's what it looks like this morning....
>>  Item  Subsystem   Name   G/N  Description      Used   High    Max
>>   2    NS XPORT  1536___L (G)  Inbound Buf Pool  169    170    170 :(

This table can be increased in NMMGR screen NETXPORT.GLOBAL.  I would expect
your current configuration is 265kb and doubling this would not hurt.  A
network stop "netcontrol stop" and network restart is necessary (in some
cases a system restart is necessary).

The filling of the "Inbound Buf Pool" tends to be a symptom, it can fill due
to a storm of network traffic, it also can fill due to a poor performing
socket application and finally it can fill due to a software bug.  You have
not mentioned yet what version of MPE you are on and what NST patch is
installed.  We have implemented fixes in the current General Release patches
which address's corner cases of "Inbound Buf Pool" full and you should
consider installing the current General Release NST patch.

The warranty and liability expired as you read this message.

Regards,
James Hofmeister
Hewlett Packard - Global Solutions Engineering (WTEC)
P.S. My Ideals are my own, not necessarily my employers.