HP3000-L Archives

August 2006, Week 4

From:
James Hofmeister <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
James Hofmeister <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 24 Aug 2006 15:13:19 -0400
Hello Ken,

>>> I am seeing these to programs NMLOGICS and NMCONSOLE use resources in
>>> GLANCE, can someone explain what they are doing?

NMLOGICS, NMTRCMON and NMCONSOL are all children of NMLOGMON which performs
the network logging to the NMLG####.pub.sys files for all of the networking
products.

B149* 0:00.561  WAIT               31    (NMLOGMON.PUB.SYS)
B148* 0:00.125  WAIT                 32    (NMLOGICS.PUB.SYS)
B149* 0:00.140  WAIT                 33    (NMTRCMON.PUB.SYS)
B149* 00:11:27  WAIT                 34    (NMCONSOL.PUB.SYS)

The NMCONSOL process performs the logging to the console including filtering
of what does not get sent to the console.  The NMTRCMON process performs
network tracing to disk files if tracing is enabled. The NMLOGICS process
performs logging of entries to the NMLG files "if the network code is
running on the ICS (Interrupt Control Stack) and NMLOGMON performs logging
of entries to the NMLG files under normal circumstances.

If these process's are seen active in glance:

NMTRCMON - :netcontrol traceon is enabled.

NMLOGMON, NMLOGICS & NMCONSOL the system is network logging and CPU usage
depends on what logging is enabled and the network traffic levels.

Network logging is enabled in NMMGR for each networking subsystem.  The
information that is logged to the NMLG####.pub.sys files can be read with
NMDUMP.pub.sys.

The warranty and liability expired as you read this message.   If the above
breaks your system, it's yours and you keep both pieces.

Regards,
James Hofmeister
Email: <first>.<last>@hp.com
Hewlett Packard - Global Solutions Engineering (WTEC)
P.S. My Ideals are my own, not necessarily my employers.