HP3000-L Archives

August 2006, Week 2

From:
"Simpkins, Terry" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Simpkins, Terry
Date:
Mon, 14 Aug 2006 16:11:30 -0400
We have a project that requires we mirror a folder structure on two
servers.
This is a 'one way' mirror application.  By that I mean we want to have
the files on server A, update the
files on server B every night.  Any changes to the files on server B
will be overwritten.

Does anyone on the list have a tool for this they recommend?  I have a
limited amount of bandwidth available, so
a 'dumb' copy isn't a viable option.   The solution has to be smart
enough to recognize when a file hasn't been updated
and skip that file.
A block level check would be great, but those seem a bit pricy and we
are on a budget.

thanks

Terry W. Simpkins
Director ISIT