UTCSTAFF Archives

August 2006

UTCSTAFF@RAVEN.UTC.EDU

From:
Stuart Benkert <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Stuart Benkert <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 5 Aug 2006 14:19:59 -0400
I have been searcing sites and associations for some time and it seems as though organizations are afraid to take a stand with regard to listing those state, cities, school districts, with the best programs. I know there is much to consider but certainly if the Places Rated Almanac can produce a yearly resource someone somewhere has this information. Requests from Associations often result in a political statement that hinges on how hard it is to quantify such data and the dangers of alienating districts that are implememtning changes but not moving quite so fast. So here is my question... does anyone know of a site that, like Places Rated, provides feedback to the best cities, districts in the US for autistic and special needs children and adults? Please do not refer me to yet another association. If you have the data or the site information, or know how to get exactly what I asked for Iappreciate it. If you have information regarding the difficulty of obtaining such information or explainations as to why the associations I joined do not have such information then I appreciate your good intentions but save the writing... I have already heard it. As of now it appears as though those cities with the best programs are Raleigh Durham, Pittsburg, and just about anywhere in Minnesota and Wisconsin. Chicago also has scha strong program that New Yorkers are relocating to the suburbs of Chicago to enroll their Children. I sure could use some more information along these lines. Thanks for your help.

Stuart

* UTCSTAFF home page:  http://raven.utc.edu/archives/utcstaff.html *
* unsubscribe:  mailto:[log in to unmask]  *
*   subscribe:  mailto:[log in to unmask]    *