HP3000-L Archives

July 2006, Week 5

From:
Stan Sieler <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Stan Sieler <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 31 Jul 2006 12:22:30 -0700
Date sent:      	Mon, 31 Jul 2006 13:20:42 -0500
From:           	Bob Brown <[log in to unmask]>
Send reply to:  	Bob Brown <[log in to unmask]>
To:             	[log in to unmask]
Subject:        	[HP3000-L] Hobbyist and HP3000/922

> I just acquired an HP3000/922.  Is there anywhere that I can find
> documentation on the h/w?

I don't have a manual for the 8x2/9x2 hardware, nor do I know the
part number for it.  But, part numbers for service manuals for
other (older and newer) PA-RISC systems around that time can be
found at http://www.sieler.com/service_manuals.txt

> Is it possible to get MPE install media that would install on this
> system (in case I want to do a fresh-install)?

Well, we know (from several decades of HP experience) that having the
HP 3000 means you have the right to have a copy of the version of MPE
that had been on it ... whatever version that was.  But, that's different
than being able to *obtain* a copy :(
(I.e., the license to use MPE was never sold separately, it always went with
the box.)
Your best bet is to hope that someone from HP sees your post and drops
you a line (and sends you a DDS with MPE 6.0 or earlier on it).

In the meantime, check eBay and any local computer surplus stores for
DDS or CD's with releases of MPE XL or MPE/iX on them.

--
Stan Sieler
www.allegro.com/sieler/wanted/index.html