HP3000-L Archives

July 2006, Week 2

From:
Larry Barnes <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Larry Barnes <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 11 Jul 2006 10:16:37 -0700
Attention all you expression writers out there.  I'm beating my head
against the wall on this one.

I wrote an expression file; called DB6 that displays a shorter version
of the DB expression that comes with Vesoft.
I am only displaying the
DATA SET    SET NAME           ENTRIES    CAPACITY     SECTORS
---------   ------------------ ---------- ------------ ----------
Dataset##   FINANCE-ACCT           123456     12355193   98773773

My problem is this;  when I want to look at just one dataset, that
happens to be a jumbo with several chunks, it won't display the line.
It looks at all the chunks and adds the sectors into a variable but it
doesn't display the information once it gathers all the info.
If I look at all the data sets, and this data set isn't the last one, it
will display the information.

For example:

If I say LISTF  @[log in to unmask],DB6  it will only display the header lines

If I say LISTF @[log in to unmask],DB6 it will display all the groups because
dataset 79 is a stand alone detail so when it sees this file it knows to
display the previous files information, data set 78.

I'm willing to work with someone off line but I need to start somewhere.

Any help would greatly be appreciated.

Larry A. Barnes
Systems Administrator - HP3000